Despite the big "hoo-haa" that churches are making, people are still watching The Da Vincci Code. So did moi . I have always have a great interest in French language film. Its just the way French people speak french; its just so like "oh-la-laaaa". DVC is partly spoken in French, and coming from the mouth of actress Audrey Toutou is like licking warm chocolate over vanilla ice cream. A-hem....
I thought DVC was quite good dispite the fact that it challenges the very foundations of Christianity. The movie is like watching a very dark, elaborated version of "National Treasure". I must admit that at a rate of almost 3 hours, the movie was almost moving at a stale mode. With all the christianity jargons in it makes it worse. A few of my friends who are not christian were completely "lost". I had to be a temporary Dan Brown (to explain the plot) & a Christian (to explain about our true living God) at the same time. Honestly, I was lost a little myself until I gave my brain a good few hours of rest.
Tom Hanks looks a bit lost for his character of Robert Langdon. Not as good as Forest Gump, which I thought was immaculately well potrayed. Don't get me wrong. I still find him good in this film but not justifiable enough. Audrey Toutou is wonderful as Sophie Neveu. I fell in love with her work in Amelie (which happens to be one of my favourite movies). I was also taken away on how she effortlessly speaks perfect English in a touch of French accent in it. Paul Bettany as the Albino monk, Silas is good too, but I felt that he should have more screen time. Oscar predictions? Too soon to tell and too commerciallised to be nominated.
If I ever want to watch again? Probably in DVD and just maybe watch the documentary and Behind-the-scenes. And fast forward to lovely madamoislle Audrey...
Monday, May 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment