Owning a DSLR is actually quite a challenge. My mother didn't understand at first why I like to lunge around big cameras when there is so many compact options in the market. Even my transition from SLR to digital; I still opted for larger prosumer digicams. I had my first taste of a DSLR when I was in my advertising years. It was a Nikon D70. Sure did blew me away with the great image results. Another great advantage that I find out is that people around you starts noticing you (or your gear!) I had this experience many years back when I carried a film SLR and a compact digicam to a fashion show. The models won't look at you if you carry something like "a toy" but when you lunge the "big guns" out; they start to give you the best poses! Not bad for attracting attention (but maybe a little too much)
The best part is, when the models are actually willing to pose with you! Thanks Pat for the pics. They are hilarious!
Attractions has its cons too. Some of my friends are afraid of me when they see me coming towards them with a camera. Gee.... I love terrorizing people. As much as they hate it; but many moons later, they thank me that I did their shots. AHA!...Told you guys so!
So far, I'm still experimenting and studying alot of DSLRs. My knowledge in film has helped and hopefully further help me in the digital process.
In the mean time, it has been attracting plenty of lovely ladies. Booyah!

No comments:
Post a Comment