Monday, June 23, 2008

The Return of the Bugger

This is probably my longest absence from a written blog. Almost 4 months; to be exact. I remember that I had a long absence before this; and marked my entry as the “return of the prodigal son”. But this time returning as a....bugger? Yuuuupp...the bugger is returning in a very low profile manner. XP
Groooowl...I have returned!

It has been nice that some of my readers and friends had express concern on my absence for blogging. But with FB, Multiply and Friendster, the world is getting smaller by the minute and keeping in touch with long lost / long distance / long whatever friends and family have never been easier.

So the thing is; why return now?

Honestly, lately I had lost the ability to compose a blog entry. Perhaps the lacking of creative ideas or just plain laziness. It could have been possibly both; but my work had kept me very occupied the past year and finding leisure time for hobbies is very, very precious.

Talking about hobbies, I finally purchased my DSLR! Been snappy happy since then. More updates on this in the future. It’s a Nikon, by the way.

Besides my usual gym-ing; I had gone through a “break-up”. That much I’m going to say. It has been so long already that I didn’t want to begin with. I didn’t even tell anybody. Well, almost. But we parted ways, both with mutual understanding and respect for each other. It has been a good few months.

Being single again; of course I picked up much from where I left. The biggest major move was actually investing on my camera and began my initiation of design studies again. It’s funny that I realized that I actually missed the design world so much. But I had known it all this while that I can only do art for the love of it. Hence why I left its “working” industry years ago.

Been experimenting with a lot of photography work lately; it’s like a reborn hobby again. I don’t like to call it work. Friends had been encouraging and some had modeled for me. Thank you guys and you are the greatest and paling spontaneous! I do definitely look forward for more opportunities like this.

Shot of my fellow colleague, Aisyah

Shot of my fellow colleague, Katilah

Shot during the D60 workshop. Model - Angela

Shot during the D60 workshop. Model - my long-tine-no-see friend, Chris

Shot during Tomas's T-Grooves. Tomas Mendez Diaz. It shows I can still shoot and still do some killer dance moves!

You girls ROCK! Sharifah, "Yoda" Shareem & Mimi Kahn

Caught you, Richard! YOu do pose well for a person who hates taking photos. LOL!

Advance Digital Photography has definitely branch out a new horizon for me and I look forward to more to EXPLORE!

Ok…enough ramblings. Probably more updates in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey andrew, nice to see you back here. Can you send me those photos you took on our Body Combat 36 launching at BV that day. Thanks

my email eric_gan@hotmail.com

Andrew C said...

Hey Eric! The photos can be found in my photoblog at http://andrewchoa.multiply.com

Which Eric are you again and which club you go to? Sorry, I cannot recall. xP