It has been a long while that I have encountered an "interesting" experience in the gym. Just yesterday at Celebrity Fitness Subang, while in we were in the midst of Body Combat® , the electricity was cut off!
Strange as it sounds but unfortunately it’s true. We were already half way through Track 6 for recovery when it happened. Some of the members were booing and some of them cheered cause class is “finish” earlier than expected. Then the Combat bunch stayed on to wait for the electricity to come back. One of them was jokingly said that perhaps the management had forgotten to pay the bill.
Then the electricity came back on around 5 minutes later. We quickly continued where we left off. Then…… it happened again! In the midst of Track 7 Muay Thai, the electricity is cut off! This time we were really pissed. But we were saying that no matter what, we will stay on until we finish off the remaining tracks. I was still recovering from my cold & flu then but I did hang on. The gym was slowly getting stuffy and warm.
Then about 7 minutes later, the electricity came back! And this time we wasted no time to finish off all the tracks, just in case.
Although it was a rare and interesting experience, I really do hope that it wouldn’t happen again. I pity the sales people who were trying to sell the gym memberships to customers at that moment. I saw one of the potential customers cringed during the power blackout. Makes me wonder why a big gym like this doesn’t even have a backup generator for situations like this.
Strange as it sounds but unfortunately it’s true. We were already half way through Track 6 for recovery when it happened. Some of the members were booing and some of them cheered cause class is “finish” earlier than expected. Then the Combat bunch stayed on to wait for the electricity to come back. One of them was jokingly said that perhaps the management had forgotten to pay the bill.
Then the electricity came back on around 5 minutes later. We quickly continued where we left off. Then…… it happened again! In the midst of Track 7 Muay Thai, the electricity is cut off! This time we were really pissed. But we were saying that no matter what, we will stay on until we finish off the remaining tracks. I was still recovering from my cold & flu then but I did hang on. The gym was slowly getting stuffy and warm.
Then about 7 minutes later, the electricity came back! And this time we wasted no time to finish off all the tracks, just in case.
Although it was a rare and interesting experience, I really do hope that it wouldn’t happen again. I pity the sales people who were trying to sell the gym memberships to customers at that moment. I saw one of the potential customers cringed during the power blackout. Makes me wonder why a big gym like this doesn’t even have a backup generator for situations like this.

2 comments:
hey, i was browsin thru and found ur site... cool stuff.. me like!!
i go to celebrity bangsar.. really enjoy Marcos's body pump and anna's body combat
Hi Sassy Jam!
Thank you for visiting my site.
Marcos & Ana rocks the house! Do come to 1U and Subang branch if you have the time.
Cheers!
Post a Comment