The funniest things can happen at the oddest moment in time. Yesterday, I was on my way to Bangsar Village for Body Pump® class. I left the office late and the traffic wasn’t helping much. KL was going through some heavy down pour the last few days and traffic has been congested.
As I was stuck in traffic, I started to plan out for my coming work and meeting schedule. I was so engross in my thoughts that I missed my turning to Bangsar! That time I was already 25 minutes away before class starts. I quickly plan out the nearest exit route to re-enter to Bangsar and what could be worse; a whole long row of traffic lights waiting for me. There were at least 8 traffic stops before I got into Bangsar Village.
I parked my car and quickly ran up to the gym. By the time I arrived at the towel counter, I was just 2 minutes away. I quickly signaled Karen from the glass window that I was coming to class. I quickly changed and entered the studio; just in time for Leo to explain about the new Body Pump® release. While he was doing the introduction, I immediately set up my weights and bar. This would be the first time I am doing the new release since its launch.
Then I realized something weird. The studio was unusually warm. Then I realized that air conditioning isn’t working! Just great…! Imagine doing Body Pump® in a sauna!
Nevertheless, I “encouraged” myself to stay with my usual weights for all the tracks; only to find that I would be regretting my decision later. The moment warm up is over, I was already sweating like I have done 3-4 tracks already. By track 2 & 3, I was beginning to feel uncomfortable. By track 4, I was beginning to struggle through my clean & press and Leo keep out calling out my name, asking me to go on and “suck in my tummy”. Then the killer triceps track literally killed me. By the time the shoulder track is done, I felt like fainting. I was sweating furiously and I started to smell. At least I wasn’t as bad as Leo. His sweat covered almost the entire stage; as if a pail of water was splashed over him.
When class was over, I sat down at the café area and stared blankly. I haven’t felt this “tired” and sweaty in the longest time. But I must say that the new release is very good. I just have to make sure next time that the air conditioning must be working before I enter for class.
On to reward ourselves after class, we went for McD. Gosh, sinful food. But honestly and truthfully, I really felt for a nice juicy burger at that moment. Just needed to workout more the day after.
Friday, June 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment