Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My first TV Appearance


I’m sure everyone one of us has dreamt of appearing at least once on TV; and I don’t mean accidental shots. Well, I had that chance a few weeks back when a local TV station wanted to run an interview on the restaurant I work at.

Never in a million years has that it crossed my mind that I will be appearing on national TV. Albeit that my screen time is short; it was worth the experience.

Technically this is an “official” appearance. I actually appeared on TV once a few years back but only as a “backdrop”. When I was in the advertising industry, there was another news crew who did a story about my ex-company. I only saw my back appearing in the actual footage. Nevertheless, it was good but nothing could have left a bigger impact than this current experience.

When the actual footage is finally aired, I had the pleasure of “missing” it due to my work commitments. And plus, the daily show is only aired on working hours and targeted at urban housewives. But through some “digging”, I manage to purchase the footage from a media company. The whole footage ran through a good 10 minutes; and I was featured with an interview for 1 minute. Well, I daren’t complaint much since this was a food show and I guess viewers would be more interested in seeing the food, chef & restaurant than me. But then again, I did the introduction.

Overall, it was an amazing experience & it’s something to cherish for the rest of my life.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Andrew,

Tut-tut! Not many of us watched it either. Aiyah, should have given out discount vouchers to your restaurant as an incentive to watch the show. Hey, anyway, those things on the table looks like huge 'pai tee' to me. Correct ah?

James

Andrew C said...

Hahaha.... Discount vouchers to watch the show? Should be the other way around. Yup, those on the table are "pai tee". Fancy coming over to try?. :)