I arrived just about 40 minutes before class started. I missed the launch of the new Body Pump® release. I passed by the studio and saw a full crowd. I guessed that there weren’t enough weights and bars to distribute around. And true enough my predictions were confirmed by Karen who attended the class. She was left with very light weights but nevertheless she went on with the class.
Since I had time to spare, I hit the weights area. I only had time to do some reps for upper chest, triceps and biceps. Then as I was walking back to the studio to get ready, I bumped into Karen(2) who came back briefly from Taiwan! At last the “Combat Scream Princess” is back. Unfortunately she told me that she will be going back to Taiwan this weekend and only be back again in December. Nevertheless, I was very happy that she could join us for the launch. Her presence surely made a difference in the class.

Everyone was eager for the new Body Combat® 32 release. Some members from 1 Utama came too. They did the release the day before and they were sharing some thoughts about it. Apparently there is a discussion about Track 4; the combination of evasive side kicks and “side” front kicks. As they were practicing the techniques and moves before class, I was watching and wondering what “surprise” is there in this new release. I knew there was going to be evasive sidekicks; but kept wondering what sort of combinations of kicks there was in the choreo.
Class started on time with Leo leading us throughout the whole class. As expected, he explained about the jinga and the evasive sidekicks; and what’s new coming up. The studio was filled up, almost to the brink and only half of the air conditioning was working! Apparently there was a power failure is some parts of the mall. We were getting stuffy half way through.
By the end of class, all of us were sweating all over the place + the flooring was wet with our sweats. To keep ourselves “afloat” and energetic, we pushed ourselves countless times by shouting with all our might. The union of us punching, kicking & screaming together was great motivation. And yes, we were wondering why the Muay Thai track was a little slow this time; but the ending jolted us into either an “energetic” mode or “shock” mode. The continuous repetitions of jump knees were excellent. Next time I will be more ready and power up for it.
The biggest laughter came from Track 9. After the push up, there were leg raises after it. Someone even joked about being very similar to a certain “doggy” position! Yes; some of us have very “imaginative” minds. The leg raises really work the legs. Everyone was giving all their best and trying not to give up. I was so tired but I manage to push myself through. After it was done, everyone gave a sigh of relief. During cool down, everyone was very focus on the kata moves. The song (In the air tonight) was brilliant and fitted very well for our well deserved cool down.
And what better way to finish off than a group shot after class. I manage to grab a huge bunch of us to pose. And if you realized something; the Body Combat® fanatics always wear black in every launch; well almost. The strangest thing is this: none of us planned the dress codes.


So next up, I look forward to the new Body Pump® & RPM® release in the upcoming classes. My working schedule is already beginning to fill up like crazy. I better plan well.

2 comments:
Yeah I noticed that everyone wore black when I attended BC30 launch in One Utama last year. Great pics too Andrew.
Thanks!
Apparently it's a "culture". So what do the members in Jakarta wear?
Do you all cordinate all the dress codes?
Post a Comment