Friday, July 20, 2007

“Excuse me? Do have a label on my forehead?”

I have always had this strange feeling that people could “read” me. As if that I have an invincible “label” on my forehead.

Just last Sunday, after the usual Body Pump® and Body Combat® at Bangsar Village; I, May & Clarah proceeded to Sunway Pyramid for dinner at a recommended Sushi Restaurant. After meeting Clarah’s husband, we proceeded to the ATM machine to get some money and we passed by a California Fitness Sales Booth. They didn’t approach Clarah but approached me instead. Why me???

Anyway this how the conversation took place.

Sales Person: Hello Sir. May I interest you in our new promotion for California Fitness in Sunway Pyramid?
Me: oh… No Thanks. I’m not interested.
Sales Person: OK. You are from Celebrity Fitness, right?
Me: Yes….(I didn’t know why I answered and walked away)
Clarah was laughing as we walk away.

How did they know that I was from Celebrity Fitness? I wasn’t in my sporting attire. Just in a normal plain t-shirt, jeans and beach slippers and they can tell which gym I go to? Wow! I am amazed. Probably my shirt was showing of my muscles was a dead give away. Ahem (tak malu….)

Anyway, I wasn’t been blogging the last few weeks because… (Drum rolls please)….I wasn’t inspired. Shockers of all shockers. It’s as if I have a mental block or something. To summarize what has been going on the last few days; I was extremely busy. Both at work and personally. Judging from the packed schedule I already have for the week; looks like I am pretty much occupied for work.

I have been missing a whole load of classes the last week but still manage to go to the gym late at night. One day I actually when to the gym at 10.30pm after a bad day at work. Running at the treadmill took tremendous stress away and gave me time to think. But honestly I shouldn’t be galloping away at that hour because I was so wide awake after that. I couldn’t sleep until 3am.

Let’s just hope that this week I am able to spare some time to work my muscles out. I already cut off my morning coffee since I have been taking vitamin supplements. So far so good. Let’s hope it stays that way.

I actually went to the gym this morning but I overslept and missed the morning RPM®. I knew I was going to get it from Marcos when I arrived at the gym. But luckily I already made plans to hit the weights. Surprised to see Karen and Mimi around after RPM®. Damn! I shouldn’t have continued my sleep. I bet it was a great class with those 2 around.

Manage to do some weights for about 45 minutes or so. The gym isn’t packed. Concentrated on my upper body workouts but something just didn’t seem right today. I wasn’t in the correct mood to workout. I dropped my usual weights but still maintained my usual reps. Loads were going through my mind at that point. At one point, I wanted to quit because I felt bored; but I pushed myself to finish off my biceps and shoulders routine before I left.

After the shower and a quick protein drink, I left for work. Again I was thinking too much that I took the wrong turn and ended back up in another highway that leads back to PJ! Damn! There goes my fuel, time & toll money. *dush* on the head. I gotta concentrate more on the road next time. Leave all the thinking in the office.

I can’t wait for Sunday to come. The gym gang and I are going to watch Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! Finally, the long wait is NO MORE!

No comments: