There was quite a major change in the timetables during this period. Instructors were taking advantage of the long holidays; Leo went to Penang to release the new launches and I had the time to pop into the gym on the 31st. I was glad that I wasn’t called back to work on that day. Thank goodness.
I checked with Marcos if he was going to teach any special classes on that day. Fortunately I messaged him the day before; or not I would have not known that he was going to teach 3 back-2back classes in a row. First up was Body Combat™ at 5pm, followed by Body Pump™ at 6pm and RPM™ at 7.10pm. Mind you, this was NO special class. Poor Marcos had to substitute a couple of classes.
I know it sounds crazy doing 3 classes at one go, but I used to do it all the time when I first started the gym. I still miss those days when I would go for 6 classes in a day! But as time goes by, I was able to talk some sense and reason to myself that over excessive exercise will also drain the body out too much.
But just for one day and for old time sake, I told Marcos that I would be doing all 3 classes with him; plus with all the intensity and no cheating. Well, like I ever cheated anyway.
I arrived at 1 Utama mall at about 4.45pm; 15 minutes before class started. I had the pleasure of being stuck at the mall’s car park premises; trying to get in. That is what the atmosphere is like at shopping malls during the holidays. It didn’t take me long to get a car park since I had the 1U privilege parking access. Nevertheless, the Privilege parking itself was almost full.
I quickly changed before class started and quickly rushed to the studio. May was already there. So is some of the combat gang. Was very surprise to Woo and Agnes because that I would have predicted that they would have gone for Ray’s 2 Hour Combat Special at Subang Parade. We did the new Body Combat™ 33 release again. I really love this new release. Marcos challenged me during Track 5 to jump higher with legs completely up in the air and touching the chest. I accepted his challenge and did all the jumps high up in the air. It felt great! I could feel my core muscles screaming! During Track 9, I took slightly easy on the triceps blaster. Didn’t want to strain myself too much before Body Pump™.

Next up was Body Pump™. I quickly changed and got my weight plates. Marcos did mixed tracks and mostly from the newer releases. My stamina for Body Pump™ wasn’t that great that day. During the squat track, I was already trembling and I was hoping that the song would quickly end. But, I wasn’t about to give in. I still maintained my same usual weights for the rest of the tracks but I did the lunges without my bar. Need to save my legs before my “hell ride” in RPM™. During the cool down, lying on the floor, I was wishing that I could stay there longer and doze off! I’m such a pig sometimes.

When Body Pump™ was over; I quickly changed again, had my protein shake and rushed for RPM™. Surprisingly, I felt refreshed. Maybe because I love RPM™ so much and I had that determination to finish just one more class. Gee, it really sounds like a marathon, doesn’t it? The whole RPM™ ride was great and I didn’t even cut back on my resistance. Not a single bit. In fact, I added more!

When everything was over, I had this great accomplished sensation. I felt so good. If Marcos said that he would do another RPM™ class, I would have said no problem. I felt so energetic at that moment. But that moment ended after I hit the showers. When my body is rested, I felt the body aches; especially at my abdominals. Must be the Track 5 jumps at Body Combat™. But it’s good pain anyway. It shows that I really put myself out in the workout.
But being the true “o-lang” Malaysian as I am; I was constantly asking everyone for dinner. I told May that I didn’t care what I was going to eat; as long it’s BIG! Initial plans to Nando’s were scraped as the crowd there was too “obscenely” packed. I was told it was body-to-body packed. Proceeded to TGIF and I quickly ordered a LARGE BURGER the moment I sat down. I didn’t even bother to change my fries to salad. I was that HUNGRY!
Sabrina later joined us after her dinner with her brother who was at another table. And she brought a Mud Pie for us! Wah Lau! I tell you. Without hesitations, I sank my teeth into it and the taste was heavenly!
But aiyor…… There goes my 3 back-2-back classes.
May was constantly teasing at my tummy after dinner. It was so bloated! Boo hoo hoo….. Why oh why !!!!
I gotta control my instant gratification for food.
(The writer is now going to psych himself from over indulging. But first, where is my delicious Kit Kat?)

No comments:
Post a Comment