Thursday, August 23, 2007

Body Combat™ 33 Launch @ Bangsar Village II

The moment of excitement arrives. The pressure. The anxiety. And finally it’s here…

The launch of Body Combat™ 33 is finally here!


It’s quite a surprise that Celebrity Fitness decided to launch the new release way ahead of time. Not that I am complaining. I was very excited for it too. I read from reviews that it was a great release with a burst of fresh music and choreography. Boy, I was in for an experience.


News spread out quickly about the launch; either by word of mouth and the text messages that we been getting from Celebrity Fitness KL. The Combatants were so hyped out. We not only plan to wear colour coordinated clothes but similar designs ones as well.

Shoot! I was planning to go with all army green attire and I didn’t want to wear the same outfit I wore for the Body Combat™ All-Black Theme Class. Fortunately, I still have an extra pair of Les Mill™ Body Combat black tank.

I arrived at Bangsar Village II very early for the Body Pump™ class. As I entered the studio, it was already decorated with green and black balloons. I was already too excited. I couldn’t wait for Body Combat™ to start at that time. Marcos did mostly old tracks for Body Pump™. So old, that I haven’t heard some of them. We had this “It’s Raining Men” track for squats. I cringed over the fact it’s very much a “girl” song and Marcos & me were the only blokes there. Realising how awkward it was, Marcos started to sing “It’s Raining Women”. Unfortunately, the outcome wasn’t that pleasing but at least it was funny at some point.

By the time, Body Pump™ was over; there was already a gathering of gym members outside the studio preparing themselves. Gosh! And it’s still at least an hour more before class started. Not wanting to loose out, I quickly changed too and join the rest of the combatants at the holding area. We were mingling and joking around. As usual, I had my camera handy and was taking almost everybody’s pictures.








Class commenced at about a little over 6pm. The studio was packed to the brim and I was concerned about where I should be standing. I didn’t want to have my face smacked by someone during the evasive sidekick. I found a tiny little spot; just enough for me begin my workout and close enough to the stage.

Marcos, Ana & Leo were going to conduct the class. We cheered madly the moment the music started. I was glad that Ana was doing the class together. I miss her dance classes so much.








All the instructors took turns to teach each track. As each track progresses, the intensity of the choreography gets slightly complicated. I was beginning to get a hook at it. And the music was indeed fresh! I was totally head-over-heals the moment “This ain’t a scene, It’s an Armrace” by Fall Out Boy played. Never have I thought that this track could be used for Track 4. I caught myself singing to myself a couple of times. But it was Track 5 that brought down the house. “Girlfriend” by Ms. Avril Lavigne is probably one of the best Track 5 ever. Again I couldn’t contain myself from singing. In fact, I think most of us were singing the “Hey Hey You You, I don’t your girlfriend” part. Track 6 was cool too, with the surprise insertion of the jinga. Unfortunately, the Muay Tai track this time wasn’t favorable (at least to me). Albeit being a short track, I still struggled a little on the choreo and timing. I think I still need to get use to it. Track 9’s shoulder blaster was definitely a major killer. I still cannot do a shoulder blaster without my knees. This proves that I need to work my arms more. The cooldown was superb. A remixed version of UltraVox 80’s classic “Vienna” was used. The new up-tempo beat definitely breathed new life to the song.




Overall, it was a great launch and a great release. I never had so much fun at a Body Combat™ release for a long time and I hope this experience wouldn’t be the last.


Bravo to Marcos, Ana and Leo for a great launch and keep up the AMAZING work! You guys were fantastic!



And just a small note to 2 newly Body Combat™ addicts; Adrian and Jason; Yup, it could probably be Liverpool’s year. Here is a little gift for you!

2 comments:

Reymond said...

CF Malaysia is always one step ahead! Great pics - and I love marcos!!! Lucky you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

great piccies... good review... :-)i guess i got them piccies from your cam.