Thursday, October 18, 2007

Penang Escapade – Part 3 (Holiday Full Swing)

In continuation of the Penang Holiday trip; let me just finish it soon before it takes forever to finish it. I am also noting that I am not talking about food in this entry, as I am refraining from reviving from all the delicious memories. Just thinking of food is already making me fat! How on earth I would expect myself to firm up my tummy then? gee...

Anyways, our day 2 in Penang was splendid. The weather was kind to us. Thank God. Malaysian weather forecast ; you can only trust it at a certain level only.


We woke up to this beautiful view from our hotel room. Believe it or not; I woke up at 7am and couldn't fall back to sleep! I usually don't even wake up this early for work. The gentle sound of the wave crashing was so calming and inviting. We all knew that we were going to "invade" the beach........but......

....not before a hearty buffet breakfast first. We were either too excited or too hungry cause we practically tried anything that was available on the buffet spread. What you are seeing on the table in the picture is just our "fist round". I didn't want to take a picture of our "after" feasting shot.

Next up was gearing up for the beach. A dollop full of sun screen, swim suits and shades; and we are all ready to go! Ben deserves the "massage". He has been driving for the entire trip.

One of the interesting thing that we encountered has gotta be the deco at our hotel rooms lift lobby. Each floor is decorated animatedly like the one featured above. Our floor is a theme of "Madagascar". The floor below us was "The Lion King" if I am not mistaken. I didn't check the rest. I didn't want to exit from the lift to be greeted from a scene of "Jurassic Park". Who knows?

A miniature huts, a shelve full of penguins & a bunch of Chinese people half naked freezing off under the cold air cond.

We hit the beach soon after. Pretty much the same activities like we did the day before. I baked myself as usual. May, Tommy + Nicole went on to their sea shell hunting. I purposely took this shot of Tommy just coming out from the sea. I reckoned this was a very familiar pose. Craig Daniel in speedos? James Bond in Casino Royale? Ring a bell?

Part of our trip agenda was to visit Celebrity Fitness in Penang. We must be out of our minds. Who goes to the gym anyway during a holiday? But with all the delicious Penang food that we had been consuming; it was a very reasonable excuse to shed some pounds.

First up was Body Step. I was eyeing for this classes for ages. I used to do Body Step regularly back in my old gym; but had since stop since Celebrity Fitness in KL did not offer this Les Mill program. David, the GFX manager of Celeb Penang led the class. He was very energetic and lively. I was very excited myself, as this would mark my first Body Step class in 2 years!

As usual, in my unashamedly self; I picked a spot just right in front of the stage. David welcomed us as the members from KL and asked around if there were any first timers. I cringed when David announced to the new comers to follow the people in front of them if there are lost. He did this while pointing to the people in the front row. Great!.....there I was. I'm dead meat!

Fortunately, I didn't lose much of Body Step touch. I was still able to do all the steps properly, so much so David keeps calling out my name and asked me to do the "harder" options! I swore at that moment in time, my legs were on fire. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the class very much.

Next up was Body Combat. I quickly changed into my combat gear and joined the guys in the studio. The Studio was already packed by then. Rafael led the class and shadowed by another Penang instructor and another surprise guest. It was non other than Jason from KL~! Of all places, Jason was there to do a team teach that particular week. Sure was good to see him around.

The class went on until we realised something "missing". Halfway through the warmup, we realised that the Penang members were actually quiet. Being the noisy bunch of KL people we are, we took the opportunity to scream every time we punch and kick. It was pretty obvious that we were getting all the stares and glares; BUT we didn't care! Imagine this; 5 KL members VS 70 over Penang members. The whole class, you could only hear us! Kia Kaha~! Woohooo~!!

After class, one of the Penang members came to talk to us and was happy about how we brought "life" to the class. Wow, such a compliment! I'm sure she would have enjoyed herself more when she visits us in KL. We bring the house down!

This is how we look like after 2 intense classes. Needless to say, it was food after this shot. But I'm not gonna talk about it. I sacred jelat....

After our "small" little eating adventure at Gurney Drive, the girls stop by for some roadside shopping.

May: This one nice ah?

Karen: Dunno leh. All nice.....(proceeds to look further down)

Karen: This one also nice. This one too. And this. And this ...and this (finally at the bottom)

Karen: Wah! This one the best! How much this one?

Vendor : RMXXX

Karen: Ehhhhh.....???(long pause and starts back from the top again)

*Sigh*.....shopping with the girls....

Another interesting thing to do in holidays; is to do the unplanned. We all suddenly decided to go for a nice relaxing massage, cause all the eating and all the workouts are taking a toll on us. As you can see me and Karen is gleeing away from a nice good relaxing message.

Our legs agree too. As you can see, the massage center emphasise on hygiene and cleanliness.

Massage is all about relaxation, distressing and enjoyment. Soon, it was HELL for Karen. Her expressions were classic!

After the foot massage, it was back massage. It was so gooooooooooooooooooooooood....But I still preferred the one I did back in KL.


Karen gleeing because she is relaxed or in pain? I still wonder...

Superman Ben must be enjoying his massage so much. I thought I heard him snoring for a moment.

After the massage, it was FOOD AGAIN~~!!!!!

OK OK enough. No food related topics.


No comments: