Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Feeling leg-less


from right: JJ, me, Marcos, Ana & AZ at the end of the SuperBike Challenge - Day 2

Its already been two days since the Superbike Challenge and I can't still feel my legs. I have been already good, for being able to manage an RPM class yesterday night. Fortunately, its a "happy-kind-of-pain" that I can happily endure.

2 hours of cycling, 1 sweaty jersey, 3 litres of isotonic drinks and water, 1 very wet bandana, 4 instructors, 80 participants & hundreds of spectators at Subang Parade Concourse. Call me crazy (or pychotic or nuts), I was pumped up, high in adrenalin for the event. And as for warm up, 45 minutes of Body Combat, 1 hour before the event. No wonder I couldn't feel my legs.

Only manage to attend Day 2 of cycling as I was working full day the day before; but comments was that the challange on Day 2 was better. Well, lucky me! The crowd was great; lots of screaming! It was really like a rock concert. Down factor? I overheard some "cyclist" struggling to see the leng chai instructors. Ahem? You are here for the cycling challenge, not to watch the finals of "ManHunt" or "Male Model of the Year".

Anyways, my mind was set and paddled like nobodies business. JJ took the stage first, followed by Ana, AZ and finally Marcos. All had a 30 minute slot. I took my cycling too seriously and had 2 cramps in between. Nothing serious as I manage back up again within 30 seconds of rest. Songs were great but the PA system sucked big time. Luckily the "audio malfunction" happened at almost the end of the challenge.

Verdict? It was a good experience and I told JJ we should do a 3 hour challenge! Hope there will be another challenge coming up soon. Although my legs are like on "air" now, I still manage to walk around. Plus I got a nice lucky draw prize. A nice facial pampering treat by Clinique and a full makeover worth RM200. Think I will skip the latter. Hahaha....I thought I could walk away with a Diamond Membership or something...sigh...

I hope the next one could be organized at 1U. At least the air conditioning is cooler and ample space for more bikes. Till then, We hope that Marcos and Ana will "return" to us by then....LOL...

No comments: