Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I didn't go "missing"...

A lot of friends has been asking, why I have not been blogging or updating them about my current "whereabouts" and "happenings". Ahem....

No.1 : I didn't stop blogging. Just has been silently doing it and didn't really "inform" everyone about it.

No.2 : Too tied up with work and sometimes just couldn't find the inspiration to "speak" my thoughts.

No.3 : Not many "announcements" to make. Unless if I were to tell that I will be getting married or maybe at least; got a girlfriend. But sorry to say, still no luck in love life yet.

So for the heck of it (and having some time to spare), here are some quick updates.

1. Bought a pair of new Nike Free Trainer 7.0

My biggest investment on shoes, so far. After been complaining for months of sore feet after every Combat class; I finally decided to invest on those Nike Free trainers. After months of waiting for the right colour, right size and right design, I finally snatched it when I saw this baby! The "yee-row" colour is the biggest selling point. Probably that's what that makes it so unique. And of course,being an "Air-less" Nike, it has this "barefoot" sensation to it during workouts. Supposedly, it strengthens your barefeets. No complains, so far; except those constant staring from other members, everytime I walk in. Its either they are jealous of such "canggih" shoes or the unique eye-catching colour of the shoes. I probably think its the latter.


2. Orphanage visit at Rumah Destiny

Not too long ago, My CG, Lighthouse 3 organized an orphanage visit at Rumah Destiny, Taman Melawati. It was this house by the hill side. Technically I will called it a terrace house, but because its built on a slope of a hillside, it goes down another 2 floors + a large garden + breathtaking view of Taman Melawati~!

We had lots of fun with the kids. We had games, sing-a-longs, interactions and prayer with the children and caretakers. I must say they are very well-mannered angels and very humble.

ps:/Here are my thoughts (since we LH3 members should share something). It didn't really cross my mind until just recently when I think about it. Some of the children comes from poor families, or still have a single parent with them. We should consider ourselves very lucky that we have a family behind us all the time, supporting us in everything that we do in our lives.

I have been without a father since I was 5. I am so fortunate that my mother never thought in her mind of sending me away to stay in a charity home; knowing that since my parent's divorce, we were struggling to carry on without 'dad'. Financially we were just ok to survive, but my mother's determination and her "never-say-die" attitude and family moral support; has helped us carry on.

So, if you look at me and me mom today, we are still fine and enjoying life day by day with God's blessings. In fact, sometimes I think my parent's divorce was probably a "blessing in disguise". Or not my mother wouldn't have discovered her inner strengths, abilities and talents in what she is doing today. I leave that story in another blog.


3. Genting Highlands Trip
(picture to be uploaded soon)
Had a quick break at Genting Highlands with friends last month. Feeling all like kids again especially when we were at the theme park. I had never screamed so much for a long time; and I mean REALLY scream! Then at late evening, we even went to the Chinese temple at Genting and to Batu Caves! Haiyah, I swear my body was going to tear apart, but no choice lah if you have friends from another country trying to absorb as much "culture-syiok" as possible.

4. Blood Donation Drive
(picture to be uploaded soon)
Church has organized again another blood donation drive. AS usual, was there early to donate before going to work. Wanted to do it on Sunday (the day after)at the Blood Bank but realised it wasn't opened. Its so strange that the country is urging the "rakyat" to donate blood but the Pusat Darah Negara decided to operate at our most inconvenient time of all : our normal office hours.

Anyways, I willingly gave away 450ml of my blood and had a good time "teasing" Gary for being the "virgin donor" before I left off to work. I must say that now the nurses and staff are very well equipped with "HIGH-TECH" gadgets. Donating blood now only takes less than half hour; from signing up to the finish. All you have to do is present your MYKAD to be scanned after filling up a form. But there was another downfall. One of the staff with the laptop started blasting some Malay rock songs along the way; and judging from the reaction of the donors before me; they didn't look happy. Perhaps its another un-conventional method of making your veins pump more blood? Anyways, it failed to make an impression on me and neither did I pump any faster.

Another "new" surprise in the form now includes: "Pernahkah anda mengambil ubat untuk body building?" (Have you been taking any medication for body building?). It was stated something like that; I couldn't remember. Now, this was a tricky question for me because I wasn't sure what they meant by "Body building medication". Did they mean Whey protein shakes? Fat Burners? Creatine? AS I found out from the interviewer, it actually meant for those who has been taking steroids or injections for body building. Aiseh.... explain lah clear sikit. Made me scratch my head for dunno how long....

That's all for updates. Till the next "blue-moon"...

No comments: