Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Transformers at IMAX® and Adventures at an Indoor Theme Park

Last Sunday was an incredibly tiring day for me; both physically and mentally. The day before, I was busy preparing dinner for a few of my friends. And before that, I went for blood donation in the afternoon. By the time everyone was gone by midnight, I only know that I was worn and exhausted. I immediately went to bed and slept soundly. So much so that I missed church the following morning and woke up close to noon.

I took a quick shower as I promised the Subang Gym gang that we will be meeting them at Berjaya Times Square for the indoor theme park and a possible shot of getting movie tickets for Transformers in IMAX®. At first I was reluctant to go because I didn’t want to miss the evening Body Pump® and Body Combat®; but I did pack my gym bag just in case. Then as I left home, I got a message from Marcos saying that he wouldn’t be teaching as he hurt his toe. With that, I had to cancel all gym plans and left with the entire evening free.

Arrived at Times Square in time for lunch with the guys. We waited till about 2pm till Karen came and the girls immediately when dashing for the rides. The Cosmo Indoor Theme Park is reasonably huge; and they claimed to be the largest indoor theme park in Malaysia. Ahem…. The other indoor theme park in Malaysia would be in Genting Highlands; so I guess that wouldn’t be much of a comparison to start with. I might be wrong as they might be other indoor theme parks in Malaysia that I didn’t know about.

Relatively, I would say it’s a big theme park because of space and the rides they provide. The roller coaster itself is about 5-6 levels high and the tracks intertwines through the other rides. I was really impressed with the roller coaster ride; especially when we are dropped off from the highest level. Technically the ride starts from Level 5 of the building and the highest drop is at Level 10. But from the top, we can see all the way down to level 1 through a void. Level 1-5 is where the restaurants and cinemas are. And being the noisy bunch we are, I’m sure all the patrons could hear us screaming (really loud)…

If that wasn’t enough, most of us when through at least 2-3 times for each ride. As for the Bumper Cars, we rode it at least 6-7 times! After a while and way too many rides later, we decided to call it quits at 8pm. I felt a little nausea and I know I wasn’t walking straight.

We proceeded for dinner at the food court and waited for our turn to get into the IMAX® cinema. We were lucky to get some good seats; especially at IMAX®. I told myself that I had to watch it at there, or not Transformers wouldn’t be an exciting experience to watch. The ticket prices were 50% more at IMAX® but at the size 5 times larger than a regular cinema screen, it was worth it. Me and Clarah mouths drop the moment we saw Bumblebee® and Optimus Prime® appears on screen. It was like we were standing in front of them; literally. It made all us like small kids and we kept on making the “transforming” sound every single time the robots transform! And when the movie was over, almost half the cinema patrons applaud! And these are young and old adults, including parents who brought their kids.

Honestly, I felt like I was shot back in time. I felt like the small little boy again who adored transforming robots from a small colour TV. *ahhhh…..* those were the days.

So next up, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

alvin was here!!

Reymond said...

Nice header mate ;)

Sportycat said...

transformers was the best...... when they transform was soooo cool..hehe i feel like a kid again

Sportycat said...

transformers was soo cool, when they transform i was like "WOW tat is soooo cool" i feel like a kid again

Anonymous said...

I am Optimus Prime and I send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars. We are here. We are waiting.