Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Black Body Combat®

Everything is black today. I wore black pants and black shoes to work today. My staff wore black today. The sky is black today (due to the morning rain). And when I got off work and on the way to the gym; I got a text message from Yin May.

“ …don’t forget to wear all black 4 combat today…”

Yup. It’s the black theme Body Combat® Special Class today at Subang Parade. Strangely as it sounds, but I only got to know about this last night. As usual, things here are always last minute. Every combat addict was guessing that it could be the launching of the new Body Combat® 33 release. Much to their dismay (and mine), it wasn’t. Apparently the gym is having their never-ending “last day promotions” again; so every one of the Celebrity Fitness staff is in black today. Seriously guys, you have to think of new marketing tactics. It’s getting really boring.

Nevertheless, we all anticipated the Special Classes that was going on. There was a Special Latin Dance Class and an All-Black RPM® class.

I was already late and I quickly rushed to change my clothes. The combatant gang was already in the studio; excited. I brought my camera along just in case if there is anything “interesting” to shoot. I grab the opportunity to get some quick shots.

First I try to gather as much Combat kakis for a group shot and I shot in from the reflection of the studio mirrors. Just look at us and our posses. We look like a Hong Kong Black Triad. You can tell that we can be quite vain. I reversed the picture back in this shot to get the correct image.

Mempersembahkan Persatuan Black Combat Gang.

Next I shot the 4 pretty ladies of Combat. Actually they are more but I manage to get only the 4 of them.

From left : Wan Ning, Dearest Yin May, Sporty “miow miow” Cat Clarah & Karen

Class started on time with an introduction from Leo and he announced that he will be giving prizes away. Based on what; I really didn’t know. Before that, we had a group shot for Kim Hooi, who is leaving for Denmark for work. I didn’t know him well but I was glad to have met his acquaintances.



We started the warm up track and half way through I decided to take some quick shots.

The biggest joke fell on Tommy that night. The poor fellow wasn’t informed about the Special Class and the All-Black dress code. I still couldn’t stop chuckling when he asked me whether I had a spare black shirt when I bumped into him at the changing room. I would have given to him if I had an extra. So sorry Tommy, we also just found out about it the day before and we didn’t know you were coming. But at least you stood out a lot among us. Anyways, you weren’t alone. The big joker Leo wasn’t wearing black either.


Not only that I took photos, I took videos too! I took some of me doing the Evasive Sidekick. Boy, I can be damn good on my right leg but hopeless on the left. Gotta practice more. Then there is one with Karen presumably thinking that I was taking her photo and started to pose. It took quite a while for her to realize that I was doing a video and I think she felt silly when she stopped during the track and posed. Wish I could post the video up here. Sorry sister; but I still like the adorable pose you did.

In compensation, I present to you an action shot of you during combat. Behold for the coming of Sister Karen! She may look petite and innocent but she could throw a fierce punch or kick! Or perhaps the armpit pose is enough to scare attackers. (Karen strangling the poor blogger now)


Of course, I was also vain myself. It wouldn’t be complete if I hadn’t taken some pictures of myself. Too bad my camera isn’t anti-shake. Nevertheless, I like motion blurness when this shot is taken during Track 3.


The class was getting intense and we were all shouting and grunting. Sweat was all over the floor and we are soaked by Track 6. Then, “So What” started playing.

YES! My favourite Muay Thai track. This track has somewhat become a trademark song of mine among the combatants. At one point, I always “bribe” the instructors to do this track. Today, wasn’t at my request but I’m glad that we did this track. Leo immediately called me up to stage to do the Muay Thai with him. I quickly jumped up and Yean Jie helped me with the camera. I asked YJ to do a video cause I wanted to see how high and well I execute the jump knee. But as bad luck has it, my battery died and it manage to catch just a miserable second of video. Damn!

Knowing that my camera can still go on by just switching it off and back on again; I asked YJ to just shoot some photos. I was hoping that I could get a clean jump knee shot. This is what I got. Considered not bad. Probably the best Body Combat® action shot I had. Though it look that I am doing Body Combat® during a rave party.

This one is funny too. If I am talking to Leo, the captions would probably go something like this.

Leo: ~Lai! Angkat kaki and march forward!
AC: Aiks? Ni si Body Combat® or si Body Attack®?


Anyways, class ended with everyone satisfied and we were so excited looking through the photos. Too bad my digicam screen is still 1.8 “. *sigh*

After hitting the showers, we went to Asia CafĂ©™ for dinner. You see how sinful we Malaysians are. We talk and dream about food 24/7. Luckily we diligently go to the gym or not we look like oversize pigs! I had my delicious Yong Tau Foo and Chee Cheong Fun. As we were about to leave, Li Lin announced that it would be the last time we are going to see her as she is leaving for Bangkok soon to pursue her studies. I was almost shocked. Time really flies. We send our best regards and advices to her.



I think mine was probably the best. My parting words was this:

AC: “Remember to study hard and be safe”
Li Lin : Yes, I will. I always keep myself safe!
AC: And don’t forget to use a condom, cause it’s “SAFE”.
Li Lin : Excuse me? You think I what? I am “good” girl.
AC: I know. I know. But I am just saying, just in case. Use a double condom, if you really want to be safe!
Li Lin: Apa lar you…
AC: I’m serious! I’ll send you some stock if you have “difficulty” finding it… But I’m sure you get plenty there than here…

Gee, I just love to be sooooooo nakal….. : )

No comments: