Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bowling Weekend

And now finally, I have time to put in an entry after days of running around like a headless chicken. I swear that I could either pull out my hair or do it upon others who “hurt” me. But being the very “gentle” and realistic person I am, I didn’t bring out the chainsaw to show my frustration over work. Unfortunately my frustration was clearly shown on my face the past few days as I was quite hostile and unapproachable at some points. Bad me. Gotta keep my cool down. Like mama use to say, good or bad; you still gotta work.

One of the happy highlights that took place over the weekend was of course, the much awaited CLC Bowling Tournament with my church friends. At first I was very concern that I couldn’t make for the event; being that I had a major wedding event the day before. I still had the after effects and stress from all the working. A good reason to chill off and have my leisure time.

The bowling tournament took place at Ampang Point Shopping Center. For the first time, this bowling tournament is the first that involves almost all the members of the church. A great line up of competitors, both the youthful and elderly wise.

My last bowling adventure must have been more than a year. Technically, I can either be a good bowler that day or a very good longkang King. Luck plays a very important part in my bowling skills. Base on past experiences, luck isn’t always on my side. When we all arrived at the bowling alley, I saw a huge group of the church members were already enthusiastically preparing themselves for the game. Some even practice a few rounds before the actual game started.

Philip, the organizer was trying very hard to get everyone’s attention. It’s too bad he didn’t have a loudspeaker. He was shouting so loud to make the announcements, that after a few minutes, I can only see his mouth moving but nothing coming out from it.

The rules were very simple. There are a total of 4 groups; each group consists of 2 to 3 CG groups. The leader (score points) of each group will then compete in the finals, which will determine the Best and the second place. My CG (Lighthouse 3) was split into 2 teams but assigned to 2 different groups. Heck, I didn’t even know that I was elected the Team Captain beforehand! Did give me quite a pressure before the game started; but nevertheless; I had the balls for it (no puns intended!).

I meant the bowling balls to build bigger biceps lar…


It’s quite odd especially for our team. We were there just for fun and we know that we are not spectacular bowlers. I, for sure isn’t a serious player too. As you can see, my bowling techniques are some what misleading and hilarious.

I present to you AC’s Bowling School 101.

First of all you need to warm up with at least 2 bowling balls. The heavier, the better. Hold each ball on each hand, and start swaying to some bhangra music like you are screwing up a light bulb and patting a dog at the same time. Do this for at least 2 minutes or until you realized that people are starting to stare blankly, amused at you.


There are more than one ways you can throw a bowling ball. Besides the traditional way, you can still opt for “Kung Fu” methods. Hold ball like this position and start shouting ramblings that doesn’t make sense. This will open up your lungs and initiate oxygen level to the max. With this, just hope the ball will move and hit all the pins. Remember to let go off the ball too after you throw it.


You can also apply the same method by using one hand. Shout louder. Imagine yourself that are striking a 4D number. Or think you need to belasah somebody.


If your hands are giving you problems, legs can be used to kick the ball too. Just make sure you have train your legs well for this apparatus as leg injury chances are very high. Imagine yourself as a soccer player helps too.


If you are a bad aimer, proceed to lay on the floor, commando style, and aim correctly. You will lose the locomotion and momentum to throw the ball, but at least you will aim correctly.


But just make sure that nobody is walking past by; or you will end up being stepped over.


If all things fail, all you need is strategy and nerves to distract your opponents.
Immediately pose on the floor ala playboy style, as soon as you opponents are about to throw the ball. This will make the opponent quickly confused, dizzy and hysterical blindness; leaving them to aim incorrectly. Proceed with this stunt with caution as a result that opponent might bash you up and feed you to the dogs.


ps:/OK. Please do not take my jokes seriously especially I have my church friends reading this. I really do not want to end up with a “coffee session”.


But as luck has it, we moved ourselves to the finals! There were 4 teams competing with each other and the Youth group isn’t in it! How odd is that? My team members were obviously tired but very surprised with our progress in the game. Half way through the game, we knew we can’t chase for the first spot as the rival team was INCREDIBLY good. So we were eyeing for at least 2nd place. My team members were very patient and we concentrated in our game. Unfortunately, I lost my edge at the final round as my right arm was hurting. My team members played on very well and I salute them. At first they look innocent. But who wouldn’t have thought that they are “our secret weapon”. One after the other, they were hitting off more pins that I do. Then it was announced that we were had the definite 2nd place spot, even before we finished the game! Wow, I am pretty amazed.

The group photo. We are 2nd place! I got the "balls" to prove it! (ahem....)

And our team member, Siew Leng was even named “The Best Female Bowler”! I am pretty impressed. At least I now know she has “ball control”.


As a reward, our CG won ourselves a Kenny Rogers Meal Voucher worth RM200! Food rewards are always the best! Yummy, I want my Roast Chicken Breast and Macaroni & cheese now!

As the games ended, I + Justin + Gary + MC decided for dinner and a quick chill out. We went to Station 1 at Pandan Indah. Had a couple of beers and I was in for real head spin.


No.1- I am not a good beer drinker.
No.2 – I only drink Heineken and I drank Carlsberg.
No. 3 – I only drink one bottle max. I think I had 1 ½ bottles.

After the beer, we went for Bak Kut Teh just for fun. I was momentarily fine but my eyes were getting extremely heavy. I kept chanting to myself that I am ok and I just needed to breathe. Needless to say, I fell asleep half way through eating.

Next time, just stick to my alcohol limits and support back Heineken.

No comments: