Thursday, March 22, 2007

AGE....is just a number?


Let’s talk about the “AGE” story. You know, I have to keep reminding myself on the fact that I am not that “young” anymore. Ok, throw whatever you want at me….

I’m always to be “young” at everything. Being a December guy, I always have the benefit of always being the “young” genius of something. For example; in high school, my good buddy is exactly 11 months older than I am. Although we are at the same class, our “age” is what makes us different. So when we are at Form 5, he is 17 and I’m 16. We finished SPM in November that year and I immediately enrolled to college and officially being announced as the youngest! See, my college started in early December and I haven’t even reached my required age to enter! Odd as it sounds, but it’s true. It was nice being the young cock but now everything is so different.

Let’s flash back to now. I have been working for some years now, earning my own wages. Then the other day I came across several newspaper ads and magazine ads like American Idol, What Women Want, AF5, etc,etc. What I see that all the selected contestants are all so young! Those contestants in my age group are like “disappearing” or have a “slim” chance of winning. Freaky isn’t it?

But on “What Women Want”, at least the final two finalists (Hafiz and Charles) are more to my age group. But Charles at 25~?! Gosh, I thought he was at least 29-30.

So what can I say? I better live my 20’s the best I can. Perhaps enter the next What Women Want Competition?.....If Sabrina reads this, she probably be rolling around the floor; especially on the “I have a soft spot for pretty boys” comment…hahaha… But seriously, I probably would not go for it.

No comments: