I had a church music practice on Wednesday. I strained my vocal chords again. There are just some songs that I couldn’t sing, especially those with very high notes. My forte is still fast and lively songs. I can still do slow numbers provided if I don’t start on a very low key or not I will sound extremely soft. I hope Sunday worship would go well, as I do not want to strain my vocals before I do Body Combat® in the evening.
Yesterday, I had my first Body Combat® at Bangsar. There were only 5 regulars including myself. The hardcore combatants didn’t make it. I guessed they must have gone to 1U branch. Leo led the class and brief through the techniques to the newcomers; and that’s 90% of them. I did feel a little awkward and a little stressful as I was standing close to the stage and from the mirror reflection, I saw those behind me was trying to do what I was doing. We also did the Evasive Side Kick track from Release 31. It’s scary that everyone was trying to execute the jump, even though Leo was trying hard to tell them to go with the easier and safer option.
Gym members should think of their safety and must understand that whether one is attending a Group Fitness class or doing weight training, it’s about performing the right techniques. It’s not a show or show-down. So keep the “ego” to yourself. No one will be impressed anyway.
By the time the class is over, I was worn out; both physically and mentally. Unfortunately the studio was quite stuffy too. Luckily I was wearing my new pair of Nike Air Edge. It’s Dri Fit, by the way. I didn’t feel like I was “baking” my feet in an oven. I also used it for Body Pump®, Step and dance classes too.I’m still quite hardening on the new Nike+ shoe, but I saw some new designs yesterday. It looks good…..
Gosh. Now I feel like I’m torn between desires and needs.

No comments:
Post a Comment