
I'm no doctor and I can't describe the medical term or muscles that I have at my back. Although I did fairly well in Biology : The Human Anatomy in high school, I think I have "given back" whatever I have studied back to school.
So to make things easier, I took a picture of my back and just wanted to describe the aches I have in my back muscles. All the red indications are where I’m feeling the aches now.
I’ve been hitting the weights quite often lately; but more often at awkward times. I’ve had a busy week and I usually pop by the gym like very late at night. One day I even did weights just before Body Combat®.
In those days when I had loads of time at my hands, I usually hit the gym daily; doing back to back classes. Saturday were my “peak” days and I can do up to 5-6 classes in one day (inclusive of sometimes 2 Body Pumps® and 2 RPMs®). I’m glad that I am not as fanatic and crazy like before.
But the aches I’m feeling is quite similar. The last few weeks I have been concentrating a lot on back and chest workouts. So the other day when I load my weights for the squat track for Body Pump®, I could feel that my back was going into “sore” mode. By the time class is over, I swear that my back muscles are in knots! And to make things worse, I added more weight for all the tracks! Gotta let the kiasusism and ego down a bit. : P
It just proves that I need more rest and not to strain too much.
I read somewhere that hitting the weights frequently without rest is not going to help much in building muscle mass. The body needs to recover in order to prepare for the next workout.
So today, I’m NOT hitting the gym and I shall sink myself into my new sofa with nachos and a movie. I think I shall watch SIDEWAYS tonight, starring Sandra Oh (Grey’s Anatomy) , Paul Giamatti & Thomas Haden Church. Bought it like weeks ago but haven’t even open the wrapper yet.
So to make things easier, I took a picture of my back and just wanted to describe the aches I have in my back muscles. All the red indications are where I’m feeling the aches now.
I’ve been hitting the weights quite often lately; but more often at awkward times. I’ve had a busy week and I usually pop by the gym like very late at night. One day I even did weights just before Body Combat®.
In those days when I had loads of time at my hands, I usually hit the gym daily; doing back to back classes. Saturday were my “peak” days and I can do up to 5-6 classes in one day (inclusive of sometimes 2 Body Pumps® and 2 RPMs®). I’m glad that I am not as fanatic and crazy like before.
But the aches I’m feeling is quite similar. The last few weeks I have been concentrating a lot on back and chest workouts. So the other day when I load my weights for the squat track for Body Pump®, I could feel that my back was going into “sore” mode. By the time class is over, I swear that my back muscles are in knots! And to make things worse, I added more weight for all the tracks! Gotta let the kiasusism and ego down a bit. : P
It just proves that I need more rest and not to strain too much.
I read somewhere that hitting the weights frequently without rest is not going to help much in building muscle mass. The body needs to recover in order to prepare for the next workout.
So today, I’m NOT hitting the gym and I shall sink myself into my new sofa with nachos and a movie. I think I shall watch SIDEWAYS tonight, starring Sandra Oh (Grey’s Anatomy) , Paul Giamatti & Thomas Haden Church. Bought it like weeks ago but haven’t even open the wrapper yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment