Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Local or Foreign Instructors?

I’ve never really realized this until I read Reymond’s blog. Do gym members really go to their favourite instructor classes only? Are gym members only in favor for foreign instructors than local ones?

I must admit that most of the time I do go to the foreign instructors classes, NOT because of favouritism, but it so happens that their class timing fits mine. Well, and of course, I still do see who is teaching. Well, okay, I do admit I pick my instructor and classes carefully. I have nothing against local instructors, but sometimes they lack the energy and fun that the foreign instructors have. Apparently, Celebrity Fitness Jakarta has the same “phenomena”.

I still do my Sunday Body Combat® slot with Delon, a local Chinese instructor who is becoming a quick favourite with all the Celebrity Fitness clubs. Jason K is back in his Monday Body Combat® slots but I couldn’t rush in time for it. Kunal is also another hot favourite for yoga classes. Besides that, my classes still falls within the “Brazilians & Spanish” instructor’s category. I'm trying to be bias. I still love doing both foreign and local instructor's classes. Unless of course, if the instructor is extremely terrible, then I would give it a skip.

On Monday, I gave a shot on another local instructor for RPM®. I wasn’t expecting much as I was absent from RPM® for 2 weeks and I needed a damn good “ride”. Marcos’s slots on Monday are taken over by Cameron. He seems decent and I liked his class. His queuing and techniques are up to standard. Sometimes, he seems a little too serious. As usual I was on my usual first row bike and joined by James and Oli. The 3 Amigos was let loose screaming and shouting the entire class, although not as much as we used to do in Marcos’s class.

I gave out my all and everything and racked up my resistance high and rode like there was no tomorrow. By track 5, my legs were already burning but I wasn’t ready to give up yet. We gave all our best for Track 6 & 7, and we were “begging” for more. The 3 of us kept encouraging each other to pedal more & crank up more resistance. I think the rest of the gym members were shock and puzzled by our “stunts”. Even Cameron was caught by surprise. Guess he has never often seen an enthusiastic bunch of RPM®ers.

I’m glad that the class when well and Cameron didn’t seem that bad. I hope I can join more of his RPM®classes.

By the way, Luciano and Andre are getting extremely popular in Jakarta. Now, I wonder whether Luciano would want to leave us or not in KL?

No comments: