Marcos and Ana are officially off for their holidays today, so I won’t be seeing them for a month. I was off from work on Monday, so I joined Marcos for his last RPM® class in the morning and proceeded with breakfast after that. Marcos was mentioning that I should start to concentrate building up my upper body since my lower body is perfect. Yup, I must admit I am too well developed on my legs. Looks like RPM®, Body Pump ® and Step classes has paid off over the years. I told Marcos that I should be concentrating more on weight training since he and Ana won’t be around and the new gym class schedule isn’t that exciting at the moment.
The funny thing that came out during our conversations was the “how-and-why” my legs are very well developed. I wasn’t very sure he was joking with me, because he sounded very serious and sure. His explanation was probably of family genetics. There are actually only a small handful of my family members who are actually into fitness. My mom was a long distance runner a long time ago. Now she is still into jogging, hill climbing & occasional aerobics. One of my uncles is a jogger. A couple of my cousins were national athletes. And the rest…..well….I shall keep my mouth shut at this point. So if it’s true that I got my mom’s genes for great legs, then I am extremely grateful!
Leo Luis was also having the same conversation with me last night after Body Combat®. He mentioned that men in particular, will build up their upper body strength and muscles easily than their lower body. Great! After hearing that, I felt confident on my upcoming weight training routines. Of course, I still have to stick to my diet plan and get sufficient rest.
Since Monday I was off from work, I finally had time to have a long “postponed” lunch with Koe Huai. Then I went to Kinokuniya at KLCC to browse through some books. I really missed this bookshop. I used to spend hours here when I was a college kid. But instead of my usual magazine sections and art & design sections, I went straight to the sports section. I was just browsing through the shelf lot of weight training books and I came across this.

I came across this book several times over the couple of weeks but I didn’t really bother to browse through it (since it’s always wrapped up and I am often lazy to open it at the customer service counter). But after reading the summary and review stated on the back book, I decided to give it a “second” look. I asked the customer service to open up the wrappers and I went through the pages. Before you know it, I almost finished reading one of the chapters on the spot! It was a great book, packed with picture tutorials on weight training and how to start a workout program to achieve your goals. There are some interesting chapters like knowing your muscles in your body and name of gym equipments. I found about muscles I didn’t know I have, I found out the term of “compound exercise”, I found out that I don’t really need to specifically workout out my biceps and triceps alone, and etc. The book is really filled with useful information about weight training (and of course about exercises too).
Anyway, I still need to keep a balance workout since I will be still going for my favorite Les Mills® classes.
By the way, I am thinking whether I should invest in this Nike shoe. I don’t need an Ipod Nano to go with it. The shoe itself looks too damn cool! Already the husband + wife combantants, Woo and Agnes are having a matching couple’s pair!So should I get the black one or should I wait for further models……? Either way, my mom is definitely going to scream at me. My shoe cabinet is almost completely filled. “malu nya”….I actually have more shoes than my mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment