Enough of work stories. I could go on forever with it… Till then, I need to figure out the Valentine promos.
I had been spending much time in the kitchen lately. Been experimenting with baking, grilling, wrapping things up in foil, making pancakes & etc, etc.
The cooking is fun, the washing and cleaning isn’t. My long face will show every time I wash the baking pan. No strong arms can wash off burned “whatever” of a baking pan. Well, at least the food turned out good and delicious (by my standards, of course).
The first try on making grilled wine marinated chicken with honey with grilled honey infused onions and steamed vegetable sides.The chicken turned a little burned but the sides especially the onions turned out very well.
A close up of the meat. Extremely juicy when marinated with wine!
Second try on the same dish a few days later but this time baked and grilled at the end with foil. The chicken turned out perfectly well this time. Grilled the vegetables and chicken together and added some tomatoes for a more sweeter flavourful taste to compliment the chicken.
Third try of the same dish but this time with to be served with spaggetti. The "juices" or stock from the baking created a very flavourful sauce for the spaghetti. This picture taken when I just took it out form the oven.
All ingredients tossed together with the spagetti with a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Experimenting making some pancakes too. Made a thick batter instead of a watery one, so that I could get a more thicker and spongier pancake. Here is my version of rasberry and honey pancakes with raisins. After much eating and healthy “dieting” planning, I have also been keeping up with my workouts as much as I can. Last Sunday, although I was “plagued” with headaches and fever, I decided I couldn’t stand any longer stuffing myself inside the house. I was already getting “drowsy” and bored from all the medications. Packed my bag and went for Body Pump at 1 Utama. Surprisingly all the sweating must have flushed out all the toxics and “headaches”. I feel incredibly normal after the whole workout. Didn’t stay for Body Combat as I didn’t want to strain myself and besides I wasn’t in the mood for it. After that it was shower, and dinner at The Curve with Yvette. We went to this fabulous Vietnamese restaurant (can’t remember the name) that serves incredibly delicious Beef Noodles. I, in my post-sick mood; ordered the largest bowl of beef noodles and cleared the entire contents. Not a single drop of soup was spared!
Of course before dinner, I went for a “little” Nike hunting a.k.a. look-see. Went to Nike Street Culture shop and they were having some seasonal clearance sale. Accidentally “bump” myself into a lovely Nike Dri Fit shirt that is incredibly suitable for dance classes. Guess what the price tag was? : It was a staggering RM109~! But I couldn’t care less since it was at a 70% discount. So the final price was RM30++. Very good deal for a Nike apparel. Might return again next month to check out if there is anything else they need to “clear-off”. I am in dire need of new CNY clothes.
In the midst of all this, I am already planning out my list of things to do in Sabah. The plan is:
1. Shopping
2. Shopping
3. Shopping
4. Eat
5. Sleep
And of course grandma will keep me “updated” with her stories. Gosh, I can’t wait to see her.

No comments:
Post a Comment