Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wazz my past & upcoming plans

Here I am working as usual; full day; on another typical Saturday. Usually my Saturdays are the most flexible working day of the week. Casual shirts, jeans & sports shoes; just like I was back in my advertising days. My only wish that I could where like this to work, everyday single day. No hassle in ironing my clothes & getting it ready the day before. I am not the typical tie & suit person. Not that I don’t like it; I look “weird” in it. My neck is definitely too big to wear a shirt and tie together. Makes me look like a choked monkey in a suit! Gosh, I miss those days where casual clothing is the office “uniform”.

Mom is in town this week. Came with an old friend last night for a light casual retreat here; in KL. Weird isn’t it? Of course, came to see me and check on dear ol’ me. I have been behaving well, so to speak.

Next up on Sunday; I will be serving as assistant worship leader (official title) a.k.a. backup singer (not so nice title). Pastor Marcus is making his debut appearance in worship leading. Our practice last Wednesday was one of the smoothest I’ve ever been. Not much of glitches and loads of laughter along the way. We haven’t been joking so much in our previous practices. Well, I was glad it went that way since I was so stiff up in work that day.

In the mean time, I am planning my CNY holidays in Sabah for next month. Plans to go to any Sabah island are cancelled. I will be spending more time with grandma this time around & be a good old gradnson. This year around will be staying at my uncle’s new house (real giant bungalow) which the last time I have been, almost got “lost”. That’s how big it is… And of course I won’t be missing my Nike shopping spree. I am amazed with the selection of Nike merchandise they have there. Not only Nike, but other branded names too. How on earth Sabah folks can be more “updated” than us KL people here? Not so sure I will be ending up with another shoe, but hopefully more sports apparel. Cross my fingers if I could land myself with a Nike Pro shirt that I was looking for. BUT, I am warning myself to spend wisely this time. Last year, I “racked” up a heavy bill on shopping that drained up almost my entire ang pow fortune. So…..this time around, must tahan , tahan, & TAHAN~!

And by the way, church has a new program for us this year. Write your resolution but this time, we have to actually keep what we wrote in our resolution in our wallet and constantly remind ourselves of our goals. Well, I wrote what I NEEDED to do this year, but unfortunately I had to sorta leave out the relationship department. Scared of commitment? Well, let’s just say I am not ready after a few “short-fires” last year.

In a mean time, a “late preview” of a view from my home. Beautiful isn’t it? Too bad it was kinda hazy on that day.

No comments: