Lately I have been cooking a lot at home. Been experimenting a lot; and since the mini oven came into my life, my cooking lifestyle has never been the same.
Here is something that I made last 2 days for dinner.
Grilled chicken breast meat with poached potatoes, carrots, cucumber and grilled onions simmered with honey. Yum yum... and yes, its alcoholic infused as well. Red wine was added in the marination process.Just took me half and hour to cook everything. Just throw the meat(marinated) into the oven with the onions. Then carrots and potatoes goes into pot and boil till soft. Then off I go with my normal house chores. Viola! I have a proper dinner in a snap. Just last week I did the same thing with a steak, except that I had to slowly pan fried it. So it took slightly a little longer. As for desserts, skipped all forms of ice creams and chocolates and opted on yoghurts and fruits. My whole fridge looks like a tropical jungle now.
Conclusion; cooking is fun, washing is HELL! Try scrubbing a pan greased with oil and animal fat. Its a nightmare. Next time I will wrap the pan up with foil.
The verdict; regained good healthy eating habit. Cons: My tummy isn't getting any smaller; but at least I'm eating homecook food minus all the fats.

No comments:
Post a Comment