Friday, March 02, 2007

The Last Yee Sang of the Year

Chinese New Year really comes and goes really fast. It just felt that the first day of CNY was yesterday. Yesterday, I had a CNY dinner with the CG (Cell Group) gang; and my last CNY dinner for the year. Total amount of Yee Sang had this year : twice only. This is once and the previous one was at James and Shu Yee's house last week.

So let's start with last week. James and Shu Yee was kind enough to invite me, Yvette , Tomas & Richard over for a simple CNY dinner at their home at Taman Mayang. No, wait...... "simple" is too humble to say. It was a very LAVISH dinner; all prepared by the lovely couple. There was even a small pre-dinner and after dinner snacks! Thank you James & Shu Yee. It was wonderful and great to have met your kids too. Not forgeting your lovely dog, Fido too! And may I say this, Yvette and I are waiting for your next invitation for the "ho chien". Tak malu saya......

(Just look at all the food prepared! Even the Yee Sang is homemade)

(A group photo is a must after every meal. Even the coffee table is not spared from our binging of food & drinks)

And in case you didn't know, we Malaysians are soooo spoilt and fortunate. According to Richard (NZ native), back in his country, they had to make their own shandy. He was received a small "culture-shock" when he was served our canned Shandy. I was equally suprised; cause I have been drinking canned Shandy all my life and thought they were things that were easily aquired in a supermarket.

Next up, is my serious CG group (or gila-gila sometimes). LightHouse 3 's dinner was much simpler; where it was opted at Ulu Klang Seafood restaurant at Ampang. There were only 8 of us this time; where the absent ones couldn't make it or was abroad. Dinner was simple, but I believe that we were the noisiest bunch! Food was delicious, and I particularly like the "Duck Egg prawns". Diana, if you reading this, you missed it! hahaha....(evil chuckle). Sounds weird but the taste of the dish is unique. Sorry, again no pictures of food cause I was busy gobbling it.

(Lighthouse 3 - Six lovely ladies, aided by 2 crazy guys) (from left - Sharon, Koe Huai,Julia, Siew Leng, Liza & Koe Gee) (Back - me & Gary (the ex-housemates))


(I wasn't sure were tossing the Lou Sang, or torturing the food. Me as usual, kiasu as kiasu can be, I wanted to be the highest!)

Dinner ended with no dessert, and we retired back home for the night.

And today, I'm going back into gym action. Body Combat for the night at 1U. BUT I'm dying to go to the new Celebrity Fitness gym at Bangsar Village. Marcos and Ana is back. Yahoo! But there are a few things "apprenhending" me from going. No official time table is out, Marcos's classes are too early, parking is over-blowingly expensive & traffic is crazy. I think I better wait till an official timetable is out first. In the mean time, I need to recee a spot for a good parking space in Bangsar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although we were torturing the yu sang yet it is fun and i enjoyed it very much. Glad to have a brother in Christ like Andrew always happen to be the camera-man for the CG.haha! Thank you! Happy CNY again...

liza