Had the privilege to attend the "prestigious" Kancil Awards 2005 at the KLCC Convention Center last night and I had my first taste of fine dining. Too bad I am not going to talk much on the award itself cause; I didn't win anything nor did I participate and 4A's is NOT paying me to say much about it. So I shall only stick on the topic of what I had gobbled into my belly that night.
Here, here is the rough idea of what I had last night.


The setup was incredibly good; with all the utensils being laid out perfectly; all shiny and clean. But there wasn't any soup served, so I wonder what the soup spoon and butter knife are for. Guess they just have to lay it out for show. Then there is the starter which was incredibly unique. The deco of the food was also incredibly perfect; that at some point of time I dare not even touch it.

The main course was some what very chinese. We were served grilled chicken with Lotus leaf rice and Lo Hon Chai. Again it was too beautiful to eat...

The highlight : Pandan Tiramisu. Again and again and again I mentioned; too beautiful to eat.
And of course, there was a free flow of beer in the house, which I didn't touch. Not going to take off my shirt again after my previous "hollible, terrygible" experience.
All and all it was a fine experience in fine dining but was it worth the price? I was told that the per head cost is equivalent to buying a branded 256mb mp3 player. Thats like my meals for probably a week or two! But who cares~! Company tackeled the bill.
So in conclusion, fine dining are meant for the rich. Cheap skate people like me prefer to eat food and NOT to "admire" them.

No comments:
Post a Comment