Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Series of Fortunate Events - Part 1.5

In continuation of the previous post.

In times of difficulties, there is always a time of "light". I always believe that bad things happens for a reason and good things also happens for a better reason. Here is another list of what I discovered during my time of " the series of Unfortunate events".

1. Family - I have to admit that my family is never the perfect one. I grew up with a single mom and all my uncles have different approach in their own lifes. In a way, we were kind of "broken" and our relationship are often not the perfect one. But guess who came to my rescue when I had the car accident?

A moment of "Lilo & Stitch" came blinking in my head. Rememeber "Ohana" mean family, that part? Stitch said this exact words before he was to be deployed for eternity of imprisonment into outer space. "Ohana means family. Ohana means nobody gets left behind. They (Lilo and Nani) come from a broken family, but it is still good. At least they are still a family."

It is true that we can never be entirely perfect BUT we can always set aside our differences to see the clearer "truth" that is right in front of us. God's way of saying is that we shouldnt let dispute hurt us, cause that is what the devil wants us to do. Why create pain in your life, when you can are capable to create happiness. There isn't an easy way to do it, I admit; but who says that life is so easy.

2. Friends - The last I have checked my phonebook, there is at least 250 entries of contacts in it; but I never came close to having more than 20 close frequent contacts. So what happen to the other remaining 230? As I was "house-keeping" the phone list, more than half are forgotten friends, blood-sucking friends, and unknowns. 10% are business contacts, 20% are normal friends and the (whatever) remaining are "I-don't-know" category.

My life seems sad isn't it? Not entirely. I have read somewhere that you can have all the friends in the world but to have a real (really really really) close friend is like one in a million. How many of us have friends who comes to your aid when you are in trouble and times of need. How many of your friends actually pray for you? Be there for you? It may seem to be a little radical pointing this out directly; but the fact remains the truth. Friends only wants to be with you in your happy times, but afraid to share your burden in sad times.

For the "frequent 20 friend list", thank you for always being there for me. I hope to grow my list bigger from here onwards....

3. God and his plans for me - I OFTEN BLAME GOD! I am definately not denying it. I wondered why I am the way I am. I used to have this depiction of myself being entirely a useless human creation. I always wasn't the normal kid, the normal teenager, and now the normal adult. I never really entirely sure of my purpose here on earth. BUT I am very slowly discovering it.

God has a plan for all of us. We may not realise it; its right in your face and you wouldn't even realise it in probably a thousand years. We often look into our own faults and blame God for it. So, how many times have we praise God for his blessings that he showered us? Did we thank him when we are still alive and well today? Did we thank him when we first got our first job, first paycheque, first salary increment? Did we thank him when we have a good health, family, friends etc.etc.? Hardly, isn't it?

Sometimes I still have that thought, but I know God is always with me. Rememeber the footprints story in the bible. God is always sharing his burden with us. So at least say a thank you to God everyday. Two words is not very hard to say.

So do I still think myself as an useless human being? Sometimes yes, but mostly NOT. God will come knocking into my head and remind me about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
If you want to speak on behalf of God, please make sure that you use proper English. And do check your spelling as well. I suppose you are Chinese educated and therefore, do not have much grasp of the English language. So, please stick to the language you are more comfortable with, your first language.
Warmest regards,
English Teacher

Anonymous said...

To English teacher,

Sir, this is a public places where everyone can put in any comments and use any languages he/ she likes. If you find it rather difficult to understand that language. Perhaps go back to your classes and concentrating in your teaching SIR.

Anonymous said...

Let me get down to your level. I now understand the small size of your grey matter, your refusal to admit your weaknessnes and therefore, you have the attitude of never ever having to improve and correct yourself. You will definitely stay in the deep hole you've placed yourself into and will never ever be able to crawl your way anywhere. BTW, what makes you think I am a male. Call me MADAM the next next time you address me. When you assume, you make an ass of yourself, but then again, this is what you have to offer the world anyway.

Anonymous said...

Madam as in cross dresser? May be English Teacher just like AC who is confuse about his sexuality and perhaps is Ac himself who answer it????Very sad.....

Anonymous said...

anonymous,
If you have a single cell in that under utilised thing you may call a brain, you may notice that the style of writing is entirely different. This goes to show that you do not read much, but prefer to regurgitate the same old boring stuff. It is so sad, so very sad that you find it so invigorating and exciting to hit out at others. That is why you, anonymous will always remain at the fringes of society and can never become a normal person. I feel extremely sorry for you because you have no friends. I feel extremely sorry for anonymous because you have no guidance in your life. I know I am suppose to pity you, anonymous, but some how I cannot bring myself to feel pity for someone who does not want to improve himself.