Finally its showing~! After being teased with teaser trailers for the past one year, it has finally reached the silver screen but as my luck has it, cinemas everywhere are swamped with advanced bookings.
TCON should be a very good watch since its being adapted by one of the most read children story book (besides Harry Potter). Written by C.J.Lewis who is a Christian author (there is another word it, but I have forgotten). As I was told, he wrote TCON series, being mostly based from the bible. Yup, no joke. But TCON is no religious movie like The Passion of Christ; just merely adapted from the moral teachings of the bible. No harm in that , right? Every religion teaches you good things, not bad.
But I must say this, this movie is released at a very good time. Christmas, School holidays, merchandises: it all rings up together. Good marketing indeed. But I was kinda disappointed that the action figurines of TCON looks a little retarded. Even Aslen(is it spelt this way), the lion, looks like a deformed cat rather than a lion. And at a staggering price (starting) of RM49.90, it was really a ripped off. Even the merchandise from McD looks much better. Maybe if the toys were given to the Mcflarene toy company to produce and manufacture it; I am sure they would come out even more "sedap" looking.
So in conclusion, I wouldn't buy the toys from this movie. You just lost a customer. But I sure do hope I can get advance tickets screenings for coming Saturday. I am crossing my fingers really hard now....
Thursday, December 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment