People often ask me what I have achieved over the years as a person? Have I achieved the goals that I have made? Honestly, I tried many times to write down but never to achieve one. So I made it a point to actually NOT write it down, but to memorise it and make the REAL EFFORT to actually make it happen. I think its because maybe that you don't have something physical written down, you don't feel pressured.
I remembered I made an effort to quit smoking and wrote down a sorta "pledge". This was around the time I started to go back to church. I eventually did quit, albeit not "completely". I have to admit once in a while I do sneak one or two during some parties or gatherings with some old friends. The smoking habit is like drugs, and seriously the addiction is really strong. So in the end, I decided to forget about the pledge and joined the gym, in hopes that I will eventually quit by having something else occupied in my mind. And now I am proud to say that I haven't touched a ciggie ever since. In fact now ciggie smokes can make me puke!
A good friend was just saying this to me about how God would change a person for good and function as an instrument and example of God. As it was written in 2 Cor 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come!". I believe that God will never actually abandoned us into the darkness. He is always reaching out his hand; its whether are we reaching out ours?
That said, at least I am proud of one resolution that was achieved victoriously through Christ. (You can imagine seeing me galloping on a white horse with a shiny armour, straight up a hill with the sun shining gently on my face.)...hahaha...quite an imagination, isn't it?
So a quick rundown of what I have achieved as this year comes to an end.
1. Quit smoking entirely (2004)
2. Join the gym and have a healthy body.(2004)
3. To come back to church (2003)
What I really want to happen in 2006:
1. To take up the Body Pump Course and get a DVD player for training.
2. To plan financially well.
3. To get a job that I am really pasionate about.
4. To go travel and rejuvanate my creativity.
That now said, I can only hope and pray that this is the path that Lord has prepared for me. I believe that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hey man, u ok? saw e part 'bt "find a job tt i'm really passionate 'bt".. thot ur doing wat u wan (of course, tt was... eeerrr... 2 years ago?"... anyway, all e best in achieving this year's resolution :)
"Thy" means "You", right? The blog title is a bit confusing! :)
Post a Comment