Tuesday, October 03, 2006

In Loving Memory

In Loving Memory of Woo Su Lian. (1966-2006)
"To a great person, mentor and friend,
who has cheered us when we are down,
who has laughed with us with our laughter,
and who has guided and help us in our times of difficulty"

"We missed you deeply and our friendship shall never be forgotten"



This will be the first time I'm actually writing about a close friend's death. I'm actually finding this difficult to write. My tears are coming close as I am typing this. But with God's grace and knowing Su Lian, she will say; "Don't shed a tear for me; life must still go on."

I've learned about the news this afternoon. Su Lian's departure on Monday morning came to a shock to me. I was stunned and I was "lost" momentarily. I was completely caught off guarded.

It was just last month, that I wished her a wonderful "40th Birthday" and jokingly told her that "this is your -coming of age" time. Never did I think that her life was this short.

I will miss her laughter the most. Her happy-go-lucky attitude towards life and her sternest and seriousness in her work. I will miss her companionship and our constant thriving and "teasing" of each other in the gym.

I came to know Su Lian when I started my work in the advertising world back in 2003. She was my mentor and great sifu and thought me tremendously in the advertising world. It was great having her around as a colleague and friend. I still remember the times she always remind me not to complain so much in life and live life to the fullest. Su Lian always giving advises and always encourging people to strive for the best.

I will definately miss her and miss her presence. I paid my last respects; and I'm so happy that her family is strong and still very supportive to each other. Mimi (SL's sister in law) and her husband (SL's brother) came to greet me. We known each other briefly from previous occassions but we talked as if we were long time friends. We couldn't just stop talking about how great and wonderful Su Lian was. I told myself and made a promise to Mimi that I shall not be sad but live to be happy to know that Su Lian had lived a wonderful and meaningful life. Mimi ensured me that Su Lian wouldn't have wanted me (or anyone) to be sad either.

As of now, Life will go on.

I pray that God will be with her and may she rest in peace.

Goodbye Su Lian...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrew, thank you very much for your beautiful thoughts penned for Su Lian. It nearly moved me in tears. See you around. Rgds, Mimi