Tuesday, October 31, 2006

P.U.S.H

Well, it has been some time now. I have not set my blogging brain to work for more than a week. First, I wasn’t really inspired. Second, I had nothing to blog. Third, things that I could blog, I rather keep it to myself. Fourth, I was plain lazy.

Just a quick glance of what happen last week in my dear ol’ life.

Mom came down from Ipoh to escape the Deeparaya crowd. Its amazing how quiet and smooth sailing the traffic is in KL during the holidays. I just wished everyday is like this. The rain hasn’t stop since too. Although it cleared the haze; in return we had floods. But seriously, I prefer the rain than the haze.

Spend most of time with mom doing “home shopping”, meeting with contractors & house cleaning. Went to gym as well but the usual gang were all away for the holidays; so just leaving dear old me alone with a few members doing classes. At least I had Sabrina with me for a few days before she left for Penang.

Went back to work on Monday, but realized that I should have taken a day off. I had completely nothing in my hand to follow up and all my clients were on leave. Even my meeting with a client on that day was being “fly-plane”. Bummer. I felt completely like a “duggu” in the office.

Then 2 more Raya holidays again. First day Raya, went to celebrate early morning Raya breakfast with Rosnah and Kasim, my lovely neighbours. Was greeted with ketupats, sambal sotong lemak, rendang paru and etc. And in the evening, it was a delicious hot, piping bowl of lontong with homemade peanut sauce. Needless to say, I was so stuffed that I didn’t go to the gym! Literally I was sleeping after every meal~! But I did eventually go for an hour swim in the afternoon. Unfortunately, no tan after that. Not enough sun during the rainy season.

Thursday onwards was already back at work; with a lovely pile of things awaiting for me to follow up. There is a long list of events coming up and to follow up. I don’t even have the slightest time to squeeze in for workout for the next few days (maybe a week so). I feel so cham. Paying the gym and not going. Makes me wanna cry. Knowing me, kiasu and all, just go and have a jog or have a nice long hot bath also cukup lah.

In the mean time, I am plagued with yet another sore throat. Although not as irritating as the previous one; its enough to “change” my voice. Making matters worse, I have worship practice tomorrow. I hope it will subside by then.

Received a lovely (and meaningful) email by Sharon today. Talks about the story and meaning of P.U.S.H. I have been seen this word many times, on someone’s car window, door, office, toilet & etc. but never really understood it’s real meaning.

Basically it stands for P= Pray, U = Until, S = Something, H = Happens = Pray Until Something Happens

The summary of the story is something like this:

“At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when usually what God wants is just a simple obedience and faith in Him.

By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves mountains.”

It actually made me read the whole paragraph for at least 5 times. I actually ponder (for like 5 minutes or so), if I am doing the “wrong” thing all the time. Are my prayers the “correct” prayers? Am I just praying for the sake of praying, and just leave everything in HIS hands? Was that enough? I am actually still wondering.

I think I shall go home tonight and have a “one-to-one” conversation with HIM.

Besides that, I am starting to burn midnight oil on my graphic studies again. Been running through some of my past work and learning some “new” skills on the way. Just didn’t want to get rusted.

No comments: