One of the few possible things that I dread in life: getting sick.
The weather in KL has not been very good. There has been constant rain; sometimes drizzling, sometimes heavy. Then sometimes the weather can be just too hot and humid. I came down with sore throat last Friday and got worse on Saturday morning (and that’s like 5am~!). Woke up in the wee hours in the morning, went down to my car and took a Strepsil. I was actually still in my “sleeping mode” ; I could easily passed off like I was sleep walking. I was so blur that I sleep in the car for like 2 minutes and slowly got out, when up the lift and only to come down again to make sure I lock my car and wentback up again and tried to sleep. The next thing I knew, I woke up at 9am and still had my SAME Strepsil in my mouth~! But fortunately, the sore throat had subsided a little.
Saturday, was in the office in the afternoon for the wedding function. Everything was kept simple and the client was very happy with the outcome. But I had to dive myself in the rain to get the settings prepared for the wedding ceremony. I ended up quite wet with polluted rain and the air-conditioning was freezing cold. By 9pm, fever took over me and I could barely stand and open my eyes any longer. Plus I had to wake up very early the next morning for church; since I was serving. I had to pardon myself off by 11pm. Came home with a heavy head; as if I had a hangover or something.
Sunday, fortunately was able to wake up on time for church practice. Voice; was okay only, but manage to sing through the half hour. I wasn’t able to hit the high notes; but I did my best. A lot of people were sick too in church. Chairman wasn’t spared and he is leading us in the worship! But we did manage through well at the end.
After lunch, my headache came back and I just wanted to shut my eye before I head myself to the gym. Manage to only have a 30 minute wink. Watch the “finale” of One in a Million on TV. I liked Suki but I think Faizal was the more deserving one to win. Anyhow, I wasn’t like a complete fan of the show. But it will be bollocks if Alif had won. That would have prompted me NOT to watch OIAM anymore next year.
Went to the gym, in time for Body Combat at 5pm. I wasn’t still feeling my best but I had to sweat it out. I was going crazy if I don’t have a single drop of sweat out off my body. I was extremely glad by the time it was over; I had turned my whole Nike Dri-fit into “Wet-fit”. Maybe because I was overly excited over the new Body Combat 29 release. Not to mention the Madonna- Vogue track at Track 6. At some point I was actually posing some Vogue-ish dance moves in between rest~! It was really, really fun~!
Back into class again for Latin with Azevedo. Finally a class with him after his 6 weeks absence. Wasn’t dancing at my best, since I was sniffing around with a running nose and often I’m short of breath. I was doing a lot of easy options for Samba, Body Shake and etc. Actually had to improvise some moves so that I can dance easily according to MY style. I did this “Madonna – Don’t Tell Me” inspired dance cowboy step at the beginning of the dance; instead of the normal Latin Step. Was trying to be creative a bit, since I thought it was a little more “manly” than the Latin swirl step or whatever you call it. At the end of the choreo, we had a partner to dance with. Ita and I, as usual, the two wild, “gila” intense students were up for a “show”. We danced like nobody is watching. I think it was this time that I put out my very BEST in the entire course of the class. To end the show with a BANG!
After class, dinner as usual with the gang, but the flu and headache is punching me back and forth. The moment I arrived home, got myself a nice cup of “leong cha” and panadol and a dosage of headache pills. Thank God Gary had some spare, or not I think I be whacking myself to sleep.
Hopefully tomorrow I would feel better, as I want to go for my cycling class at night. Couldn’t afford to be weak and tired in class. Must push on.
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment