Friday, September 01, 2006

My very own Merdeka Spirit

For the past few days, a lot of people has been asking me on what are my activities for Merdeka day. I've been asked if I were to go out and celebrate; by clubbing or drinking or just watching the fireworks at KLCC. Since I am "blessed" with a view of KLCC from my apartment, I don't have to go through the hassle of crowding at KLCC for the action. I've even joked with my colleagues as a Warga Malaysia Sejati, I probably go home eat and sleep the entire day! Obviously, it was a joke. Needless to say, I spend my entire Merdeka holiday at the gym. *Sigh*...story of my life, huh?

I did 5 classes at 1 Utama from morning till night; only having a break in between for a personal errand. Arrived at 1U at 9.55am and was already greeted with cars getting ready to get in. When I was back again at 3.30pm, the carpark was already over packed like sardins. I got frustrated and parked at the outdoor carpark and walked to the gym. How wrong was I to think that the gym might be packed; but the its only half filled. I did Combat in the morning with the suprise turnout of the usual night Combat gang. Some of them even stayed back for Body Pump after that. Then later in the evening, I did Latin, RPM and Body Pump again. My second pump class, I added more weights for upper body tracks. By the end of it, I could feel like I was just going to lay and sleep at the gym studio~! Was so dead tired but enjoyed every bit of sweat oozing out...

Then to end the night, Me, Marcos and Ana met up with Fauziah & Mona for "supper". Just to catch up with some gossip and to say our final "goodbyes" to Ana as she is already leaving for Jakarta this weekend.

After sending the guys home, I went back home and started washing my clothes! Talking about left-over energy!

Overall, it was a good Merdeka day spent. Not wasted on sleep or booze. If not, I would probably end up like this...

Found this silly picture that was taken before my gym days. Look at the tummy jutting out~! I almost didn't believe that was me. Gosh...those really were the days.

No comments: