Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bringing back an old passion

Came home last night feeling quite tired but the brain still quite alert. Went to help out and oversee an outside catering for some big shot again. No gym yesterday, so mind and body is dying to workout today.

Last night, whether it was a “out of a blue” thing or certain passion jolt; I decide to dabble in my photoshop skills again. I have not been touching my Design Software for months and have not been designing anything solid since I resigned my job as an AE/Designer since my Advertising days. So it took me quite some time to actually remember the operations again.

I must say that I am still proud that I can still remember most of short cut keys. Plus I was running on a Photoshop CS2; when I left Adverting, it was Photoshop 7. So I must say that I am quite “outdated” with some of the new features in CS but I was able to manage them through. Don’t really need to be great genius to know them all.

Was dabbling around some artworks and decided to do some vector art pieces to start. Wanted to do some vector artworks since my college days but I know very well it’s not really my forte. My specialty still lies in sketching and photo retouching. Decided that I should break off from my mold and start something new and fresh and I came out with this piece of artwork.

Looks a bit plain and doesn’t look much finished. I’m sure I can do better if I just put in a little more effort, but hey, I consider it good after a really long lapse of kaku-ing. And again I had to use a montage of my Combat poses. Hahaha….must try to take some shots on my bike or doing weights. Its very hard to get a photographer to photograph me during classes. People might think that I am SOOOOOO in love with me self.

No comments: